Welcome to our fifth edition of Thinking Business with a UK focus, where we aim to share our expertise and ideas with you to support growth and sustainability in your business.
In this edition, we are focusing on the theme of resilience, and considering some of the many ways in which businesses across the United Kingdom can build more safeguards in to their day-to-day operations in the face of a wave of uncertainty. As we move towards Brexit, business leaders are operating against a backdrop of heightened macroeconomic tension, while also facing intense media scrutiny in areas such as gender diversity and inclusion. A number of high-profile business failures in the first half of 2018 have also thrown the role of corporate leaders back into the spotlight of public discourse.
This publication looks at resilience across the board, and we have chosen to focus on some of the key things our clients are talking to us about, namely:
– Getting things right with regards to pensions, and the responsibility of directors and officers to give proper ongoing consideration to pensions liabilities;
– The arrival of Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and what companies really need to know as the deadline fast approaches;
– Building sustainable corporate relationships across the supply chain, to mitigate the risks associated with customers or suppliers encountering financial difficulties;
– How to build the right culture around gender diversity and inclusion, and where the focus should be, in light of gender pay gap reporting and the #MeToo campaign; and, finally,
– The changing face of government outsourcing, and how the demise of a big player in that market is creating opportunities for new entrants.
We hope you’ll enjoy reading this and that you’ll find some interesting food for thought over the course of the following pages. Should you wish to discuss anything in more detail, or ask any questions, please do get in touch with your usual Trowers & Hamlins contact, or feel free to email any of us directly at email@example.com. You can also follow us on Twitter @Trowers.